- Wax is a cannabis concentrate that often looks similar to honey and contains very high levels of THC.
- Weed is a slang term for cannabis. It has grown in popularity as younger generations try to distance themselves from other ways slang terms such as “dope,” “kush,” or “reefer.”
Weigh Heavy Threshold
- For dispensaries that offer deli-style flower, a weigh heavy threshold allows the budtender weighing the weed to “weigh heavy” and not force the budtender to break up big nugs. The dispensary sets a threshold that gets added to the weight tier so that extra weight is added free of charge.
- Example: A customer wants to buy an eighth (3.5g). The budtender weighs out 3.7g because they’re big nugs. The extra 0.2g is offered for $0. The customer only pays for the 3.5g.
West Virginia Office of Medical Cannabis
- The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Medical Cannabis oversees medical cannabis growers, processors, and dispensaries. For more information, go to the Office of Medical Cannabis (wv.gov)
- A cannabis wholesaler is a licensed person or business that sells cannabis products directly to other companies for resale, such as dispensaries. Wholesalers often provide larger quantities of either their brand or various brands, which may come at a discount for the reseller to profit from once sold individually.
- Dispensary workflows are how employees, managers, and owners get work done. Workflows may revolve around different aspects of each job, like creating new workflows to handle online ordering and curbside pickup or understanding the inventory intake process.
Disclaimer: These terms are meant for educational use only. It is not exhaustive of all cannabis terms and definitions. This term list should not be used for medical or legal advice.